Uncle Odie's Collectibles

Saturday, January 10, 2009

BOB WILKINS - CREATURE FEATURES HOST


Dear Friends,

On January 7, 2009, Bob Wilkins passed away peacefully. As many of you know, Bob had been suffering from Alzheimer's disease for the past several years and his family appreciates the concern, thoughts and prayers from his friends and fans.

For us bay area folks, Bob Wilkins was a main staple in many houses. Being the weather man for KNTV-2, Saturday night Creature Feature host from 1971-79, and a brief hero as Captain Cosmo's for kids. I was probably the #1 fan of Creature Features and won the Saturday nite battle for the TV with 5 other family members. Regardless how bad the films were, which most of them were.

I finally met Mr. Wilkins at a Comic Con event in San Francisco in 2005 with my friend, Larry Lee Moniz. It was a thrill to meet him too. Bob still had that dry., but funny humor that I just admired about him. I bought several photos which he sign, and chatted about the show.

I will truely miss this man, for he was very special in my heart, and for the many fans of horror and sci-fi films. Bob did alot for the fans, and really brought Star Trek fandom alive through his show and interviews.

Rest in peace my friend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home